Monday, December 28, 2009

too sweet

Today, we had Pho for lunch. I took pictures but I didn't think they were that interesting. After Pho we went to go shopping again. We saw a lot of really cute Nutcrackers and given that our current one is a bit tattered and broken, my mother decided to buy TWO more. They were nontraditional in that they were both dressed as chefs. One is holding "Dry Wine" and the other has a giant wooden spoon. My mother absolutely adores them.

While my family was perusing clothing, I got bored and went down to Borders and actually made a really fast videoclip of me reading Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It's exciting. I'm so glad it turned out so well actually. I'm preparing for when I won't be able to see my nieces/nephews. And hopefully, if some desperate parent finds it on youtube, they'll be able to make some use of it.

After those shenanigans, my sister decided that she wanted Krispy Kremes, and so my mother suggested we go to Off Fifth's at the Block, so there we went. I found some intense shoes at Off Fifth's but I wasn't interested in them enough to even take a picture, they were fun to cavort in for a little though. We went on over to Neiman Marcus next door though, and we found some pretty nice dress deals. (The store really stinks of something manufactured and general disgustingness though.) These are the two dresses I thought looked good on me.



I liked how the dress came constricted under my bra line and then at the bottom. It sort of made me look like I had a bit more butt than I really did. And anything along those lines is pretty exciting! However, a lot of the lacey part at the top seemed to be messed up and some of the sequins were missing. If I truly wanted this dress, I would have made them cut the price down past the $52 it was already cut to. Oh! and this dress slipped onto me so easily, it was a little ridiculous, but while taking it off, man, I was huffing and puffing and turning red in the face. I wasn't too fond of that.


My mommy was in the dressing room with me while I was dancing around in this little one. (Personally, I thought she would know to take a full body shot. I don't like cutting bodies awkwardly at the knees because I feel it makes me look like a mannequin!) Anyone, I liked this dress a lot better because it was a like a faux strapless, but had the black translucent layer at the top. I really like dresses like this and this was my first time trying on one of these dresses. One downside was that I felt like the flowers around the bust made my bust look smaller than it was. Something I already suffer from naturally, so getting help in that department is a no no. Otherwise it would have been a fantastic dress. Except I have no reason for buying dresses (I won't be attending any more formals, and I already have plenty of formal dresses if I do.) So for $78.50-- I didn't think the dress stuck with me that much. $35, and I would have been sold. (Hah.)



Well, one thing we did buy! Krispy Kremes. I've really got to remember that I always find it too sweet. But each time, I keep going back for more, as if I think it will improve, or my memories somehow change and I forget that I don't really like them that much...

No comments: