Wednesday, July 30, 2008

to go or not to go...

Jason Mraz. is touring yet again. maaaaaaaaan

We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things -the album that came out earlier this year-- is pretty hot. gotta admit. "Butterfly" is super catchy. And then I realized there was a lot of... seductive imagery... and then I got over it. It still makes me happy. Haha.

I find it great how he uses brass in "Make it Mine"; it makes it jazzy and so so colorful. Of course, "I'm Yours" is definitely one of his greatest songs. It's kinda interesting how so many people don't realize that he came out with that song so very long ago.

However, there are a lot of "wet blanket" songs. They're just slow and somewhat emo. I mean, for example, "Only Human" sounds like something someone might perform at some smoky poetry reading at 4pm in some underground tea shop-- where they get together. and drink vitamin-packed anti-oxidant-enforced chai. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well he DID perform "Only Human" at the last concert you went to :]

I would totally go again if I could. That said, the last concert for me was pretty amazing; the tour he's going on now are in bigger venues so they won't be nearly as intimate as the tour we saw him at = more production, lighting, etc. I prefer acoustic Mraz and that's what we got last time, so I'm pretty ok with missing out on this leg of the tour.

Which is not to say I wouldn't go if I could. *cough cough* Plus this time you will know all the songs he is singing since you've heard the new album, whereas before you didn't!